Being an artist of any kind can be hard work. Harder than most people who don’t consider themselves artists assume. And that even goes for art journalers, who make art only for themselves, in their private art journals. So I decided to make this list of affirmations for artists, art journalers, and any other creative who sometimes struggles making art.
I can’t say why we struggle. Is it because growing and learning and stretching as a human is an inherent part of being an artist? Maybe.
But sometimes making art – whether on a canvas or in a junk journal or however we make our art – can be downright scary.
But I don’t believe it has to be. And I do believe that the energy we have while making our art carries into the work. So if you want to make something without fear, using daily affirmations like those below can be extremely helpful!
I’m sharing 27 affirmations for artists, but feel free to exclude those that don’t work for you, and add any that you create yourself that might be more helpful.
I’ve also created graphics of most of the affirmations. Please feel free to pin them on Pinterest, and/or Instagram stories (be sure to tag me @joyfulartjournaling if you share them to IG stories! I’d love to see that!)
The best way to read affirmations is to first choose those you want to say, and then say them to yourself in a mirror. Mindfully say each word and phrase, look yourself in the eyes, and really take it in.
It may feel odd to say the affirmations to yourself in the mirror at first. If you just can’t do that (because it gives you the giggles or just makes you uncomfortable somehow) simply say them aloud, to yourself. Hopefully, in time, they will become natural for you, and you can ease into speaking them into a mirror.
Here is my list of affirmations. Again, feel free to add to it, or discard those that don’t fit you or your situation.
- I am filled with creative ideas.
- I always have access to my creative higher self.
- The art I make is important, especially to me.
- I always have time to make art.
- I trust my inner creative guide.
- Getting into creative flow is easy for me.
- My artistic ideas are abundant and original.
- Making art is good for my soul.
- More and more creative ideas are coming my way.
- Today I will let my creativity guide me wherever it wants to go.
- I make and create art with ease and flow.
- The better it gets, the better it gets!
- I bring joy to the canvas and the canvas brings me more joy in return.
- Brilliantly creative ideas flow to me every day.
- Making art makes me happy.
- I’m progressing in my art practice daily.
- I celebrate even the tiniest wins in my art.
- As I grow as an artist, I become more of who I’m truly meant to be.
- I sell my art with ease.
- The business side of art lights me up.
- I love to see other artists succeeding, because it means that it’s possible for me, too.
- I surround myself with people and things that spark my creativity.
- My creativity is a gift, and I’m grateful for it.
- I’m in alignment with my creativity.
- I love myself even when I make “bad” art.
- I don’t make mistakes.
- What I labeled mistakes previously, I know now are just nudges that help me grow as an artist.
- I make time to make art every single day.
There you go! 27 Affirmations for Artists, Art Journalers and Creatives of ALL kinds.
Let me know if you like these, and if you do, I’ll make more. 🙂